Designated Safeguarding Lead incorporating Child Protection Coordinator and Champion for Disadvantaged Children: Mrs Julie Cattle, Headteacher.
Deputy Child Protection Coordinator: Miss Kimberley Peacock, Class Teacher.
Designated Safeguarding Governor: Mrs Kate Girking.
Caretaker: Mrs Delia Goldfinkle: site management
Headteacher Mrs Julie Cattle (reference to any of the above).
Lockington CE VC Primary School fully recognises the contribution it can make to protect and support pupils in school. If you have any concerns regarding safeguarding whilst in our school then please speak to one of the designated people.
Refer also to these documents:
- Safe Schools, Safe Children, Safe Staff, Booklet, which is published by the East Riding Safeguarding Children Board.
- ERSCB DfE Document: “Keeping Children Safe in Education”
- ERSCB Booklet: “Child Protection Procedures Staff Reference Guide” Copies are given to everyone being inducted including volunteers.
- Strategic Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy 2020-2021
Fire and Visitors: If you hear a loud electronic bell ringing presume it is the fire alarm. On hearing the alarm, evacuate the school by the nearest exit and congregate on the Playground. If you discover a fire, press the Fire Alarm Button indicted by the sign and found at all main exit points.
Staying Safe Whilst Home Learning
Please take special care whilst spending time at home using on-line resources. We've added a help sheet for parents and the link to a website with activities to be undertaken to help you while home learning: #OnlineSafetyAtHome
We will maintain communication with parents and ensure that they are signposted via the school website to the following sources of advice particularly in respect of online safety at this time of increased use to support learning and social interaction.
- Internet matters - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- London Grid for Learning - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware - for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow - for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safer Internet Centre - advice for parents and carers