Designated Safeguarding Lead incorporating Child Protection Coordinator and Champion for Disadvantaged Children: Mrs Julie Cattle, Headteacher.
Deputy Child Protection Coordinator: Miss Kimberley Peacock, Class Teacher.
Designated Safeguarding Governor: Mrs Kate Girking.
Caretaker: Mrs Delia Goldfinkle: site management
Headteacher Mrs Julie Cattle (reference to any of the above).
Lockington CE VC Primary School fully recognises the contribution it can make to protect and support pupils in school. If you have any concerns regarding safeguarding whilst in our school then please speak to one of the designated people.
Refer also to these documents:
- Safe Schools, Safe Children, Safe Staff, Booklet, which is published by the East Riding Safeguarding Children Board.
- ERSCB DfE Document: “Keeping Children Safe in Education”
- ERSCB Booklet: “Child Protection Procedures Staff Reference Guide” Copies are given to everyone being inducted including volunteers.
- Strategic Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy 2020-2021
Fire and Visitors: If you hear a loud electronic bell ringing presume it is the fire alarm. On hearing the alarm, evacuate the school by the nearest exit and congregate on the Playground. If you discover a fire, press the Fire Alarm Button indicted by the sign and found at all main exit points.
Due to the very high level of trespassing on the tracks by young people in our local area, Network Rail in partnership with Learn Live are working to help raise awareness to students across the UK educating them about the dangers of the train tracks through interactive digital delivery. As a result, we are sharing the relevant safety videos with you so you may watch it at home.
The session is less than 15 minutes and explains why it is important to stay safe near the tracks.
Over 14 million students, parents and teachers from across the UK have watched these videos which has led to a significant decrease in the number of trespasses in their area through watching the latest rail safety videos.
Remember 15 mins can help save lives and provide important safety information to young people and their parents.
We have made things easier for you to watch the free safety videos by just entering the email firstname.lastname@example.org into the I am registered field when you first watch the videos.
Please click on the link below to view the safety video:
Primary school version: Age 7- 11 (with subtitles)
Staying Safe Whilst Home Learning
Please take special care whilst spending time at home using on-line resources. We've added a help sheet for parents and the link to a website with activities to be undertaken to help you while home learning: #OnlineSafetyAtHome
We will maintain communication with parents and ensure that they are signposted via the school website to the following sources of advice particularly in respect of online safety at this time of increased use to support learning and social interaction.
- Internet matters - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- London Grid for Learning - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware - for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow - for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safer Internet Centre - advice for parents and carers